Friday, July 17, 2009

Arugula, Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and Rotini Pasta






Buy at Art.com Buy at Art.com


During these hot, humid and summery days we have a tendency of eating lighter. Living in Southern New Jersey I buy all my produce during the summer months from road side stands. There is nothing more tastier, than eating corn or a salad that was just cut earlier the same day.

Here is a quick recipe that combines all ingredients of the summer in one dish. It's as nice for the eyes as for the stomach:

Aruguala, Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and Rotini Pasta
Serves 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Cooking Time: 25 minutes

2 clothes minced garlic (remove greenish core before mincing)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon grated sea salt
5 1/2 ounces crumbled creamy goat cheese (or feta cheese)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 bushel arugula
2 tomatoes
1 package multi-grain rotini pasta (14.5 oz)

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Wash, drain, chop arugula coarsely, cut the tomatoes into small pieces and add to bowl.
Cook pasta al dente in lightly salted water (10-12 min.). Drain, add, toss everything. Serve immediately.

In my picture you'll see the dish with penne. I use whole-grain pasta when I cook, it's more filling. Personally, I prefer rotini (spirals) but I didn't have any in the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment