Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Day The 18 Month Old Dryer Went on Strike

Well, this is new. A dryer that heats but refuses to blow air and turn. Hence a heater, not a dryer. A Whirlpool that was. I had to say it. Repairs and parts nowadays easily cost more than buying an entirely new dryer. What to do, repair or buy another new electric dryer? While debating I chose the 3rd option. I invested a few bucks in a laundry line and started air drying our clothes in the basement. I guess that's what basements and attics were for in the old days. Never have to worry about a dryer going on strike again. Good for the environment, good for the electricity bill, nice exercise. I think we have a winner.

Along that line I can only recommend the Whitney Design 5147 Indoor Folding Drying Rack, Chrome for $25.30. It is sturdy and can be used inside as well as outside.
Or just get an old-fashioned Lehigh RC20 20-Foot Retractable Clothesline ($10.42)


Buy at Art.com


My mom always used the Crawford-Lehigh LA84P-1 Large Capacity Deluxe Parallel Clothes Dryer and loved it ($47.99). This model is probably more for outside usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment